Lake Carroll is located in a beautiful natural setting within the hills and forests of northwestern Illinois just 90 minutes to the west of the Chicago area. This planned private lake community features a beautiful 640-acre lake with 22 miles of shoreline. It is the perfect place to enjoy many recreational and outdoor activities such as boating, fishing, hiking, water skiing, jet skiing, and golf.
- Fishing: Lake Carroll has a very active fishing club who ensures the lake is stocked with all kinds of fish for your fishing enjoyment!
- Golf: Lake Carroll has a beautifully manicured 18-hole golf course among its scenic hills and valleys. Members pay annual property-association association dues and enjoy a round of golf with no green fees. You will also have access to a driving range or golf pros if needed!
- Swimming: The indoor pool at our Aquatic Center is open year round ... and the outdoor pool with diving board and water slide is open from Memorial to Labor Day. It includes a shallow, walk-in area for children.
- Dining: The Club House is open 7 days a week -- it serves Sunday Brunch, lunch and fine dining every evening .. as well as a lounge (Their event venue and patio is also available for private parties).
- Hiking: Lake Carroll features miles of trails around the lake and the surrouncing area.
- Relaxing: As you spend time relaxing on the serene Lake Carroll, be on the look out for wildlife as we are home to many varieties of birds as well as deer and turkey.
- And many more! Lake Carroll Association members can participate in many active clubs ... from equestrian and skiing clubs to quilting and photography!
If you choose to live or play in Lake Carroll, you will be close to all of the amenities of any big city -- the area is surrounded by many local historic villages with shops featuring antiques and local artisans -- and you can't miss the local roadside fruit stands.
There are several events that occur throughout the year in the surrouncing communities -- Mount Carroll’s Brick Street Saturday, Farmer's Market, Pumpkin Fest, Mayfest, Milledgeville’s June Days, Savanna’s Haunted Forest Festival, Lanark’s Old Settler’s Days and Chadwick’s Hometown Christmas. There is also a summer theatre. More info
Let us help you!
Lake Carroll currently has many lots available for sale as well as many homes and vacation homes -- please browse our listings and contact us for more information!